Certificate graphic

Lasting Power Of Attorney

For several reasons, it is possible for a person to suffer cognitive impairment as they age. A fall, a stroke or degenerative illness can lead to a loss of mental capacity.

If a Doctor decides that a person has lost mental capacity, then their assets are frozen and fall under the control of the Court of Protection. The Court of Protection will appoint a deputy to look after the affairs of the individual. Family members can apply to become a deputy, but it is a long, expensive and intrusive process.

It is better to make a Lasting Power of Attorney in which you can name those you would wish to look after your affairs. This cuts out the need to apply for a deputyship order.

What We Can Do For You

K W Thomas & Co. can provide advice on the type of LPA that best meet your needs.

There are two LPAs to consider:

  • A Property and Financial Affairs LPA allows your chosen person/people to handle your bank accounts, investments, bills and property.
  • A Health and Welfare LPA covers decisions about your health and care.

We can help you with this most important matter and would be happy to offer our guidance and assistance in setting up your LPAs. Please feel free to call us for an informal conversation free of obligation or go ahead and set up your appointment with one of our experienced consultants.

Book a consultation with one of our team members today to find out how we can help you.